U.S. to send $1 billion in new military assistance to Ukraine
The United States has authorized military aid to Ukraine — a $1 billion package of ammunition, weapons, and equipment. It’s the largest military assistance package yet, the Pentagon said.
The shipment of weapons and equipment will include:
– Additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS);
– 75,000 rounds of 155mm artillery ammunition;
– Munitions for National Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile Systems (NASAMS);
– 1,000 Javelin and hundreds of AT4 anti-armor systems;
– Medical supplies and other equipment.