Ukraine came under Russian shelling on its Independence Day
The red map of Ukraine means that today, on August 24th, Ukraine’s Independence Day, the danger of Russian missile attack was spread over the entire territory of Ukraine and air-raid alarms sounded in every city. Thanks to the Ukrainian Armed Forces, a number of missiles were intercepted, but some of them reached Ukrainian localities.
As of 10 p.m. EEST:
- A railway station in the Dnipropetrovsk region was shelled. Russian missiles hit a passenger train. At least 15 people have been killed, more than 50 injured, the President of Ukraine reported during a speech to the UN Security Council. Also in Dnipropetrovsk region a residential area was shelled, one child died.
- Two missiles hit the critical infrastructure of the Shepetivka district of Khmelnytskyi region. Information about the injured is being clarified.
- Russian military shelled Zaporizhzhia, hitting two industrial enterprises. At least thirty private houses were also damaged. Zaporizhzhia region was shelled as well.
- Russia launched a missile attack on the military infrastructure of the town of Myrhorod. Information about the victims is being clarified.
- The village of Mala Danylivka in the Kharkiv region was shelled with cluster munitions. The city of Kharkiv was under Russian shelling as well.