United States announces additional security assistance for Ukraine
On May 21, 2023, the U.S. Department of Defense announced additional security assistance to meet Ukraine’s critical security and defense needs. It includes additional ammunition for U.S.-provided HIMARS, artillery rounds, anti-armor capabilities, and critical enablers valued at up to $375 million that Ukraine uses on the battlefield to push back against Russia’s unprovoked war of aggression.
The capabilities in this package include:
- Additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS);
- 155mm and 105mm artillery rounds;
- Tube-Launched, Optically-Tracked, Wire-Guided (TOW) missiles;
- Javelin and AT-4 anti-armor systems;
- Laser-guided rocket system munitions;
- Demolition munitions;
- Armored bridging systems;
- Armored medical treatment vehicles;
- Trucks and trailers to transport heavy equipment;
- Logistics support equipment;
- Thermal imagery systems;
- Spare parts and other field equipment.
Share this post